Welcome to our 30th Annual Regional Inventors Fair!
Just to participate in this regional fair you have shown your excitement, commitment, and accomplishment with the invention process. If this is your first experience at our Regional Fair, you are in for an exciting two days. If you are returning from a previous Regional Fair experience, welcome back!
NEW this year! We are excited to announce that the Thomas A. Edison Regional Science & Inventors Fairs (TAERSIF) will host a Food Drive during this year’s fairs. All proceeds from the food drive will benefit the FGCU Campus Food Pantry. Inventors Fair will be competing against Science Fair to see which fair can donate the most non-perishable food items. Click HERE for a list of needed items.
THOMAS A. EDISON FESTIVAL OF LIGHT REGIONAL INVENTORS FAIR SCHEDULE
Location: FGCU- Alico Arena
Set up: Friday, February 3, 2017 – 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Set up Guidelines: Students check in on the second floor at the registration table to receive their name tag and reserved space identification number. This reserved space is where the student project will be set up. One adult may help set up the invention. Students and parents- please respect the hard work of others by touching only your own inventions. There will be a time to see other inventions after judging on Saturday. Be sure to review the Exhibit Guidelines and Regulations for Alico Arena before the set up date.
Exhibits: must fit the reserved table space provided. The space under the table top may be used to store items. Large items that do not fit under the table must be removed. Items are not to be left in the aisles for safety reasons.
Judging – Saturday, February 4, 2017
(Actual times may vary slightly. Students must be there 15 minutes before their scheduled time.)
8:15 am – 9:00 am High School and Middle Schools
9:00 am – 9:30 am Grades K-3
9:30 am – finish Grades 4-5
- Students should be at exhibits 15 minutes before their grade level’s judging.
- Parents may not accompany students into the exhibit hall during judging. Assistance will be provided to students requiring help.
- After judging, all K-5 students will be guided by fair officials to the “Parent Pick Up” area to connect with their parents or guardians. Parents will be told where this area is when they arrive.
- All students will be judged by one group of three judges after which the students may leave their project and go to the “Parent Pick Up” area. Students and parents should return by 3:45 pm for judging results.
- Valuable items are the responsibility of the exhibitor and may be removed after judging, if easily portable.
- “Winner ribbons” will be in place by 3:45 pm. Ribbons will indicate which students will receive recognition at the awards ceremony. The ceremony is scheduled to take place for 7:00pm at Edison Park Elementary on Monday, February 6, 2017. Special awards will also be announced there.
- Grade Level Winners and Special Category Ribbons will not be designated at the Fair; rather they will be announced at the awards ceremony at Edison Park Elementary.
Open to Public – 1 pm to 4 pm (or when all judging is completed on both fairs)
Winners’ Ribbons – will be placed on show boards/displays at approximately 3:45 pm. Announcements will be made when all winners’ ribbons have been placed. If an exhibit is removed early it will be at the risk of missing out on well-deserved recognition! Grade Level Winners and Special Category Ribbons will not be designated at the fair; rather they will be announced at the awards ceremony at Edison Park Elementary, 2/6/17, at 7:00 pm.
Take down of exhibits – 4:00 pm.
Awards Ceremony – Monday, February 6, 2017 at 7:00 pm (Location: Edison Park Elementary, Fort Myers)
**All Regional Invention Fair student participants are welcome to attend this Inventor’s Awards Ceremony.
This program will honor and inspire all participants! Winners will be recognized; Grade Level Winners and Special Category Winners will be announced and recognized as well.
- During judging, access to the entrance galleria will be limited. Please plan to participate in the outdoor and campus events.
Safety and Security
- Door monitors will be present during judging to assure that only authorized personnel are on site.
Stay connected to the Fair through social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), or add to our story using the hashtag #EdisonFairs.