Welcome to our 60th Annual Regional Science Fair!
Just to participate in this regional fair you have shown your excitement, commitment, and accomplishment with student scientific research. If this is your first experience at our Regional Fair, you are in for an exciting two days. If you are returning from a previous Regional Fair experience, welcome back!
NEW this year! We are excited to announce that the Thomas A. Edison Regional Science & Inventors Fairs (TAERSIF) will host a food drive during this year’s fairs. All proceeds from the food drive will go to the FGCU Campus Food Pantry. Inventors Fair will be competing against Science Fair to see which fair “can” donate the most non-perishable food items. Click HERE for a list of needed items.
Science Fair Schedule (Location: Alico Arena, FGCU)
Friday, February 3, 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- Bring your project display, copies of all registration paperwork, and all additional materials you will have on display for judging.
- If you have SRC Infractions or are missing any paperwork you will need to be cleared by the SRC before setting up your project. Be prepared to wait in line. The SRC team will be available starting at 3:00pm, prior to Set-Up if you would like to get approval early.
- Once your project is set-up for display, all projects MUST be reviewed by a Display and Safety volunteers.
- Note: electricity is NOT available for project displays. You may use certain approved battery-powered devices.
- After Display and Safety Review, you will be free to leave for the evening.
Saturday, February 4, 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Dress to give the judges that first impression of your sincere commitment to your science research. A sport jacket for boys and pant suit or skirt and blouse for girls would be good.
- Please be on-site and ready for judging by 8:30am
- At 9:00am the judging floor will be opened for students. You should go directly to your project. Judging will begin immediately.
- At 11:30am we will break from judging for 30 minutes. All students will exit the judging floor and are encouraged to join their parents outside the Arena.
- Food will be available on-site. Cash and credit cards will be accepted at the Arena concessions stand. Parents are advised to purchase food in advance from the vendors to avoid long lines – Click HERE for pre-sale information.
- At 12:00pm judging will resume. We hope to complete the judging by 3:00pm.
- Parents and the public will be encouraged to view all projects at the conclusion of judging. Our target time will be 3:00pm or as soon as judging concludes for the day.
- During judging, access to the entrance galleria will be limited. Please plan to participate in the outdoor and campus events.
Safety and Security
- Door monitors will be present during judging to assure that only authorized personnel are on site.
Welcome to the